TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
The Training and Development Specialist will have the responsibility of developing, providing guidance, and overseeing the organization's training program for new and existing employees. This role will be responsible for conducting training needs assessments, designing, and delivering learning materials as well as manage the overall learning experience. This role will also collaborate with Organizational Management and existing staff, in support of the organization's goal of Building Something Better.
- Partner with hiring managers to execute and provide ongoing training & development of the framework for new hire employees as well as existing employees.
- Satisfactory completion of appropriate corporate training as related to the position and/or department.
- Stay current and informed on updates to technology ensuring team members are aware and well-versed on enhancements.
- Strictly adhere to all safety rules, policies and procedures required by Verdex Construction, law, and what is recognized as common practice in the industry.
- Determine learning needs, tracking participant progress to completion.
- Schedule and conduct technical training for new hires and existing team members.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational symposia; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies, etc.
- Contributes to overall achievement by accomplishing related tasks and demonstrating characteristics that exemplify team building and support.
- Consult and partner with hiring Managers and owners on needs assessments and recommend training solutions.
- Review and research current industry trends, conduct assessments and utilize industry best practices to make and incorporate recommendations into training and development practices.
- The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Other activities may be assigned as required by management.
- Experience in technical training presentations, managing e-learning tools and digital engagement.
- Minimum intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project.
- Must be ProCore Certified.
- Must be a self-starter, team player with enthusiasm, passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences.
- Must possess technical expertise and functional knowledge on the use of on-line applications/programs, and on the access and retrieval of internal reporting.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, demonstrate the ability to develop positive working relationships.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to comprehend and follow direction, perform basic math, good time management.
- Ability to solve problems using sound logic and good business judgment.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Ability to determine learning needs.
- Ability to track participant progress to completion.
- Ability to travel 75% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. Will substitute experience & training for education.
- Procore Certified
WEST FLORIDA OFFICE:
2018 E 7th Avenue
Tampa FL 33605
NORTH FLORIDA OFFICE:
3760 NW 83rd Street, Suite 1
Gainesville FL 32606