The Superintendent will have overall responsibility for the execution of work in the field. This person will provide effective leadership and direction to the Assistant or Area Superintendents, Field Engineers, Carpenters, and Laborers to ensure that they have all the necessary resources for their projects. The Superintendent will assist with the day-to-day scheduling and directing all activities of all team members. This person will also work closely with the site’s Project Manager to organize the project and trades to safely a deliver a high-quality project on or before the scheduled duration for the work.
- Coordinate with Project Estimator to review all required materials, labors, equipment’s, subcontracts, and general conditions estimates.
- Review all project documents, including specifications, plans, submittals, subcontracts, shop drawings and any other project specific documents.
- Takes the lead in preparing a baseline schedule with input from key Subcontractors and provide accurate monthly updates based on work put in place. Always look for ways to pick up time on the schedule and to overcome delays by working with the Subcontractors. Strive for work efficiency for the trades.
- Manages the project site and logistics for safety, efficiency, and cleanliness.
- Fosters relationships with Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Ensure that all the required insurance, workers compensation and certificates are met before work commences.
- Attend weekly preconstruction meetings with all Owners, Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Meets with Project Manager monthly to review status of general conditions items controlled by field, to include labor, equipment, small tools, etc.
- Prepares detailed work lists for each trade at the end of project to expedite completion of the lists to ensure a high standard of quality.
- Mentor Assistant Superintendents and Field Engineers to ensure progression in their careers.
- Strictly adheres to all safety rules, policies and procedures required by Verdex Construction, law, and what is recognized as common practice in the industry.
- Perform, upload, and maintain all company documentations required including but not limited to daily job reports, daily photographs, daily manpower report, subordinate performance reviews, recommending promotions, issuing disciplinary warnings, time clock administration, as well as work shift assignment scheduling.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational symposia; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies, etc.
- Satisfactory completion of appropriate corporate training as related to the position and/or department.
- Contributes to overall achievement by accomplishing related tasks and demonstrating characteristics that exemplify team building and support.
- The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Other activities may be assigned as required by management.
- Minimum of 10 years field experience in the commercial construction industry.
- Prior experience in successfully building projects similar in size and complexity.
- Knowledge of construction budget best practices.
- In-depth understanding of local, state, and federal construction regulations.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and active listening.
- Effective leadership abilities, self-motivated, goal setting and conflict management.
- Organizational skills including time management, delegation, prioritization, and multitasking.
- Must be a team player with enthusiasm, initiative, and pride in work well done; self-starter dedicated to continual quality improvement.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and related construction software.
- Preferred four (4) year degree in a construction related curriculum or equivalent field experience. Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- OSHA 10 / OSHA 30 Safety Certification