The Senior Superintendent’s primary responsibility is to manage, in collaboration with the Project Manager, the successful completion of assigned projects. The Senior Superintendent is the lead for job site safety, quality control, and project schedule and is the liaison with Architect and Consultants on all field and constructability issues.
- Manage the field and project team successfully and collaboratively.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective relationships with clients, Construction Managers, Project Team, Consultants/Architect/Engineers, Subcontractors, Adjacent Community, Trade Unions, and Governmental Agencies.
- Responsible for the project set-up, job site logistics, field coordination, and project schedule.
- Review all project documents for constructability and content, including shop drawings.
- Maintain and update project records including RFI’s, ASI’s and as-builts.
- Create and enforce a site-specific emergency action plans for assigned projects in collaboration with the Project Manager.
- Perform daily job site walks and submit daily safety audit reports.
- Conduct and/or attend Foreman meetings, pre-task meeting, safety meetings and project staff meetings.
- Manage job site manpower production and performance.
- Use project management and scheduling software effectively.
- Attend company and industry events including meetings, trainings, workshops, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned or needed.
- A critical thinker with sound negotiation skills.
- Able to collaborate and demonstrate sound time management and judgment skills.
- must have a solid understanding of the construction industry, job site safety requirements,
- planning and scheduling, building trades and sequence of work, and relevant technology.
- Maintain effectiveness and adjust to changes by exploring the rationale, try new approaches, as well as collaborating with others to ensure changes are successful.
- Identify opportunities for new and improved ways of doing things that result in added value.
- Must be able to read plans and specifications.
- Collaborate with team members to meet and improve upon goals and to solve problems.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work collaboratively to ensure successful project execution
- Knowledge of construction / Architectural / Engineering Terminology, and Multifamily Experience.
- Verifiable leadership experience and capabilities, with past successful project execution.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal to no supervision.
- Working knowledge of necessary industry related tools.
- Proven ability to generate and deliver reports that provide useful insights into project details.
- Working Knowledge of Procore and Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint Word, and Outlook).
- Preferred four (4) year degree in Construction Management or related field, preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of experience as a Foreman, Superintendent, or equivalent role, in the construction industry.
- OSHA 10/OHSA 30 Safety Certification Preferred.
SOUTH FLORIDA HEADQUARTERS:
1545 Centrepark Drive N
West Palm Beach FL 33401
WEST FLORIDA OFFICE:
2018 E 7th Avenue
Tampa FL 33605
NORTH FLORIDA OFFICE:
3760 NW 83rd Street, Suite 1
Gainesville FL 32606