As a Senior Estimator, you are responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings, ensuring that we know everything required to successfully bid and win the project. This person will also need to entail aggressive follow-up with subcontractors to ensure that bids are received. While also work with the Project Management teams to follow-up on bids and budgets to close the business.
- Prepare detailed accurate material, labor, equipment, subcontracts, construction facilities, etc. estimates.
- Foster relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Attend on-site pre-bid/proposal conferences and site visits
- Develop and review subcontractor scopes of work and accept, review, and analyze subcontractor quotes for best value.
- Prepare project bid status reports and ensure compliance with all specifications and contract Statements of Work and Bid Invitations.
- Present cost estimates to meet customer proposals, providing consideration for general and special conditions.
- Prepare scope specifications and requirements, prepare and inputs project schedules, perform quantity takeoffs, prepare cost summary sheets, and input quantities into estimating software
- Maintain an accurate, current database cost codes of accounts for historical data
- Review Company jobs and compare on a timely basis to as-sold estimates to confirm accuracy of estimate.
- Utilize the appropriate company and industry historical data for pricing estimates
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus, and achieve objectives
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Advanced project estimator skills that include performing engineering calculations, being conversant in engineering nomenclature to effectively communicate with Application Engineers, Product Managers, Project Managers, Engineering, and vendors
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to read, understand and organize construction plans and specifications
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal structure while exercising great judgment
- Strong Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree in Building Construction or equivalent work experience
- 7-10 years of Related Estimating Experience
WEST FLORIDA OFFICE:
2018 E 7th Avenue
Tampa FL 33605
NORTH FLORIDA OFFICE:
3760 NW 83rd Street, Suite 1
Gainesville FL 32606