PROJECT ACCOUNTANT - Tampa/Brandon Area
The Project Accountant will be responsible for managing the accounts of various construction projects by creating detailed budgets, overseeing supplier contracts, evaluating production costs, and verifying invoice statements.
- Collaborating with the project manager to develop a detailed, cost-effective budget for the project.
- Performing accounting duties throughout the project, such as preparing invoices, estimating cash flow, and signing off on purchase orders.
- Analyzing all transactions and working unforeseen costs into the budget.
- Keeping a record of all project finances for internal/external auditing and tax purposes.
- Preparing cost analyses by interpreting projects' financial data and information.
- Reporting any financial risks and budgetary discrepancies to management for review.
- Researching market trends and projecting construction-related price increases/decreases.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Keeping abreast with both the construction and accounting industry.
- Excellent knowledge of construction cost accounting and related financial procedures.
- Familiarity with accounting software, such as QuickBooks and NetSuite and MS Suite
- Working knowledge of the construction industry.
- Solid analytical and mathematical skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in data entry, accounts payable, accounts receivable and vendor payments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- A certification in construction accounting is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in private or public accounting.
- Knowledge of Procore and Sage.
WEST FLORIDA OFFICE:
2018 E 7th Avenue
Tampa FL 33605
NORTH FLORIDA OFFICE:
3760 NW 83rd Street, Suite 1
Gainesville FL 32606