HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
The HR Manager is responsible for partnering with the Verdex leadership to attract and retain the best employees. This role will have a significant part in helping create a positive culture in which employees are provided with resources and tools for a successful career from attraction, onboarding, total rewards, career development and smooth transition at the point of offboarding. As a department of one, spearhead a positive and productive work environment by full participation in the Verdex Culture Committee. Overall position requires the management and administration of the Human Resources, Training, Employee Relations, Performance Management, and Benefits functions. They are also responsible for creating, and updating, all HR policies and to ensure our company adhere to standards and laws.
- Approachable and Confidential Human Resources point of contact, addressing employment related inquiries and proactively reduce, eliminate employee relations matters, minimizing escalation. Must have the ability to know when to escalate issues to appropriate leadership.
- Successful candidate as a Verdex champion must be able to drive the company culture throughout, keeping the workforce engaged.
- Responsible for Full Cycle Recruitment from attraction, recruitment, onboarding, development and cultivating a winning culture, therefore retaining the best employees.
- Assist Operations and Departments with managing workforce planning / staffing requirements and manage the interview process, including candidate follow up and offer preparation.
- Staying on top of the most effective online recruiting methods and systems to attract top talent.
- Performing all pre-employment and onboarding duties for new employees, providing a smooth transition and learning of the Verdex Culture. Items including, but not limited to background checks, drug screening, verifying I-9s, benefits enrollment, payroll setup, handbook distribution, review and acknowledgments, etc.
- Manage the Verdex Training Program to ensure career development is fostered from proper onboarding to ongoing educational opportunities. Assist in identifying educational topics and potential internal instructors that have the desire and ability to provide effective knowledge sharing.
- Serve as the primary contact and Administrator of the HRIS / Payroll / Benefits software – “Namely”. Ensure maximum utilization of the software.•Help create and foster a positive and productive work environment by actively participating in the Verdex Culture Committee.
- Conduct Orientation and Education to newly hired and existing employees on HR policies, internal procedures and regulations.
- Manage the Verdex Benefits plan, including the 401k Plan. Management of these plans will include being the lead negotiator of core benefits of medical, dental, life, 401k and others as required. Recommendations will be provided to the President and CEO for review and ultimate approval.
- Coordinate and assist in facilitating annual benefits open enrollment to help employees obtain and utilize their benefits to their fullest. Throughout the plan year, serve as point person and advocate to employees that have benefits questions, have hardships and need guidance navigating available resources.
- Maintaining physical and digital files for employees and their documents, benefits and attendance recordsaccording to relevant compliance and security regulations.
- Manage the Performance Management Program which includes Performance Evaluations, Performance Improvement Plans, Development, Employee Relations and Offboarding of poor performers.
- Create, manage and provide support to ensure an effective performance review system and process is followed.
- Develop and maintain an effective Employee Relations program, consulting with managers accordingly, which includes tracking and managing employee relations issues, proper documentation, litigation management, mediating and suggesting appropriate solutions. Ensure maximum participation of Exit Interviews, through an effective termination process, with proper documentation. At appropriate intervals [i.e. quarterly – report on Exit Interview trends, identifying possible solutions to improve outcomes.
- Ensure Verdex proactively remains compliant in all of its offices and jobsites by monitoring federal, state and local legal requirements and communicate accordingly.
- Must exhibit and promote the Verdex Core Values; Valuing Our Employees; Our Clients; Our Communities; Integrity and Results
- Ability to get, translate and live the culture
- Strong attention to detail
- Critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills
- Adaptability and stress-tolerance
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR or other relevant discipline
- Active HRCI or SHRM Certification preferred
- 3-5 years working as an HR Manager with knowledge of Department of Labor regulations, FLSA, Title VII, and other related laws and regulations
- Experience with HRIS systems. Microsoft Office, and other relevant technologies
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to be an instrument to how company culture plays a part in retaining good employees.
- Experience with all facets of human resources including recruiting, employee relations, benefits, workers compensation, compensation analysis, career development, payroll, and performance reviews.