The Estimator is responsible for estimating the work of construction projects, developing bid strategies and manage big team(s) and sub-contractors’ relationships. The Estimator will conduct estimation by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and other related key documents and review them to gain a deeper understanding of a project and its requirements. The Estimator will perform complex analysis of the data collected to compute the cost of a project and provide reliable forecast for the clients. They select, measure, and track important metrics for the project and visit sites, warehouses, and other venues to assist with compiling the estimate.
- Lead a functional team in producing a complete bid proposal.
- Review quotes and estimates with the project management team.
- Prepare detailed proposals as required by our customers when necessary.
- Estimate time or cost for installation, repair, or construction projects.
- Review projects prior to bidding and writing up proposals.
- Maintain an updated database of unit rates for estimating.
- Determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
- Manage all estimating processes from start to finish.
- Attend and participate in all project meetings and company training.
- Develop, prepare, and maintain buyout budgets, including small business goals.
- Perform necessary research to produce accurate, complete, and competitive pricing.
- Track and analyze data to reduce gaps between estimates and actual cost.
- Develop relationships with engineers to discuss plans and specifications.
- Follow up on all missed estimate appointments.
- Develop and ensure adherence to approved processes and procedures.
- Experience drawing up plans, cost estimates, change orders, and cost analysis.
- A leader and problem solver with a demonstrated strong work ethic.
- Can use critical thinker with sound negotiation skills to assist with daily tasks and needs.
- Demonstrated attention to details and time management capabilities.
- Collaborate with team members to meet and improve upon goals and to solve problems.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work collaboratively to ensure successful project execution
- Knowledge of Construction / Architectural / Engineering Terminology, Multifamily Experience.
- Working knowledge of necessary industry related tools.
- Proven ability to generate and deliver reports that provide useful insights into project details.
- Working Knowledge of Procore and Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint Word, and Outlook).
- Preferred four (4) year degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Civil Engineering, Architecture, Marketing, or equivalent field experience. Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years on the job experience in related construction field.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.