ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT - Gainesville
The Assistant Superintendent will have responsibility for the execution of portions of work in the field as assigned by the Project Superintendent. This person will provide leadership and direction to Field Engineers, Carpenters and Laborers on their portion of the project. The Assistant Superintendent will organize their areas or scopes of the project and trades to execute efficiently and safely and to deliver a high-quality project on or before the scheduled duration for the work.
- Provide input in preparation of a baseline schedule for your areas or scopes of work with input from key subcontractors and provide accurate monthly updates based on work put in place. Always look for ways to pick up time on the schedule and to overcome delays by working with the Subcontractors. Strive for work efficiency for the trades.
- Review key shop drawings to ensure product is ordered to reflect how the project will be built.
- Manage your portion of the project site and logistics for safety, efficiency and cleanliness.
- Coordinate Trades and work sequence in your areas to include MEP coordination in ceilings if applicable.
- Foster relationships with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Daily oversight of all manpower, work product, clean up and safety in your assigned areas of the project.
- Attend preconstruction meeting with all Subcontractors and Suppliers. Be prepared to offer input into discussions regarding schedule, work hours, logistics, crane usage, safety, quality control and clean up.
- Attend weekly job meetings to update job progress, safety, site cleanliness, quality control and any other project field issues that need to be addressed.
- Control labor, equipment and small tool expenditures in your assigned areas of work.
- Timely complete daily reports and deliver to Superintendent for areas or scopes assigned to you denoting manpower and job conditions. Be accurate and factual in the reports.
- Manage field issues with Subcontractors to closure. Our approach is to be firm but fair.
- Prepare detailed work lists for trades or areas assigned to you at the end of project and expedite completion of the lists to ensure a high standard of quality.
- Evaluate effectiveness of carpenters and laborers and mentor those that show ability to progress in their careers.
- Prior experience working as a Foreman or Assistant Superintendent on projects similar in size and complexity.
- Strong communication skills, both internally and externally.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability to work as part of a team, to diligently complete assigned tasks and to exercise great judgment.
- Strong ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the project which includes but is not limited to, climbing of ladders, walking of stars, accessing the entire project site, including all elevated floors as required.
- Capacity to physically lift up to 100lbs.
- Five years of hands-on construction experience holding positions of increasing responsibility, or degree in Engineering or Building Construction and 2 years of hands-on construction experience.
- OSHA 30 Safety Certification.
WEST FLORIDA OFFICE:
2018 E 7th Avenue
Tampa FL 33605
NORTH FLORIDA OFFICE:
3760 NW 83rd Street, Suite 1
Gainesville FL 32606