ASSISTANT PROJECT SUPERINTENDENT
The Assistant Superintendent will have responsibility of overseeing and coordinating all activities of the construction site according to project blueprints, and scheduled plans assigned by the project’s superintendent. This person will coordinate with Sub-Contractors, Field Engineers, Carpenters, and Laborers to ensure that they have all the resourced that they need. The Assistant Superintendent will organize their areas or scopes of the project safely and deliver a high-quality projection for the duration of the work.
- Assist the Superintendent with managing the team of workers, including work schedules, project progress and resource allocation.
- Assist the Superintendent with creating cost estimates for labor, supplies, materials, and other project costs.
- Assist the Superintendent with Collaborating with clients, Project Managers, other construction management professionals.
- Assist the Superintendent with coordinate materials and equipment delivery with vendors and suppliers.
- Assist the Superintendent with hiring additional subcontractors and assign work accordingly.
- Assist the Superintendent with maintaining daily logs for the job site’s operations, and reporting to management.
- Assist the Superintendent with making changes in the operation as necessary to best meet construction deadlines.
- Assist the Superintendent with Implementing management techniques that are cost-effective and efficient.
- Previous experience in project management or a similar role.
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work collaboratively to ensure successful project execution.
- Demonstrate leadership Abilities to manage and direct onsite project teams.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work in all elements of the outdoor environment which includes heat, cold, rain, snow, etc.
- Able to access all area of the job site including stairs, scaffolding, ladders, and buck hoist.
- Ability to work with minimal to no supervision.
- Working knowledge of construction processes and safe use of industry related tools.
- Basic knowledge of uploading and managing web-based document storage.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers including iPad/tablet devices.
- Working Knowledge of Procore and Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint Word, and Outlook).
- Preferred four (4) year degree in a construction related curriculum or equivalent field experience. Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of field experience in commercial construction industry.
- OSHA 10/OHSA 30 Safety Certification Preferred.