ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER
An Assistant Project Manager acts as a key support to the project manager, performing essential project tasks such as the processing of submittals, assisting with the subcontractor procurement process, scheduling, subcontractor trade coordination as well as assisting the project manager through all phases of the project from start to finish. This Assistant project Manager will also work with the project team in planning and executing the construction of a project or multiple projects assigned to them.
- The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for working directly with the project manager to help implement project goals.
- Research and gather information required for each project, creating files, and ensuring information is on the network.
- This role will also be responsible for Reviewing and maintaining plans and specifications, preparing invoiced, filling, billing estimates and scheduling meetings as needed.
- Manage the submittal process by reviewing all shop drawings against the project specifications.
- Maintenance of submittal logs, coordinating with the architects, engineers, subcontractors, and Project Superintendent.
- Assist with procuring materials and other items necessary for completing project goals.
- Managing the RFI process.
- Liaise with project managers, architects, and subcontractors to ensure timely project execution.
- Management and maintain digital documentation of the Project Closeout, securing all warrantees, guarantees, and processing change orders.
- Previous experience in project management or a similar role.
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work collaboratively to ensure successful project execution
- Knowledge of construction / architectural / engineering terminology, Multifamily experience is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Basic planning and estimating skills.
- Verifiable leadership experience and capabilities, with past successful project execution.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal to no supervision.
- Working knowledge of necessary industry related tools.
- Proven ability to generate and deliver reports that provide useful insights into project details.
- Working Knowledge of Procore and Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint Word, and Outlook)
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Preferred four (4) year degree in a construction related curriculum or equivalent field experience. Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years on the job experience in related construction field.
- OSHA 10 Safety Certification